The Know and Grow Challenge
Know the word; grow in the Lord.
What is it: A challenge to memorize all of Psalm 1 (know) in order to give our faith deep roots in God’s word (grow). Weekly devotions will help apply what is being memorized and learned. See below for printable versions of the weekly devotions!
Who is it for: Every individual at Pathway Community Church who wants to be more deeply rooted in God’s word.
Why do it: We are praying that...
1. Our church and each member of our church would more clearly see Jesus, know Jesus, and grow in their love for Him and His word (Hebrews 1:1-3).
2. Our households would take a new step forward in intentionally allowing God’s word to shape our everyday life and practice (Deuteronomy 6:1-9).
3. We, as individuals and a church, would be more in awe of God’s word (Psalm 19:7-11).
4. We, as individuals and a church, would begin to store more of God’s word in our hearts (Psalm 119:11).
5. We, as individuals and a church, would learn how to delight in God’s word (Psalm 1).
How to do it: First, make the decision to take the challenge and choose who to do it with. Do it by yourself, with a friend, or with your whole household. Second, pick up or print out your “Know and Grow Devo” pack. Finally, start memorizing and engaging with the weekly devo!
Suggested Memory Schedule (have it memorized by):
Verse 1: June 3
Verse 2: June 17
Verse 3: July 1
Verse 4: July 15
Verse 5: July 29
Verse 6: August 6
Steps to success:
1. Commit to a specific time in your schedule to memorizing/reviewing (in the car,
doing chores, at the dinner table, etc).
2. Get ahead of the memory schedule (at the very least stay on target).
3. Review what you have memorized daily… try using different contexts for review
(write it down, type it out, say it out loud to a friend/yourself, say it in your head,
listen to it on your phone, etc).
4. Talk with your friends or family weekly about what you are learning from the
Psalm. Talk about everything ! The new things that you’re noticing as a result of
meditating on it; the things that God is teaching you; how you are seeing it
applied in your life; the beauty of the poem; the emotions it evokes; etc!
5. Engage in the weekly devotion to help drive home all of your knowing and